Are you there blog? It’s me, Lauren.
Sadly, our internet went down on Wednesday and didn’t come back up until last night. So I have taken a brief hiatus from blog-writing and blog-reading. But I was still a busy bee in the kitchen! If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I spent my day off on Friday making a birthday cake for a friend.
I made a vegetarian version of a spicy banh mi sandwich.
I whipped up a batch of my favorite pesto, with walnuts in place of pine nuts.
I did some party planning and shopping for my upcoming 25th birthday bash, and I made a little trip to the SOJ Farmers Market in beautiful, sunny 80-degree weather.
- Melon that turned out to be canary yellow inside – what?! (CSA)
- Summer squash (CSA)
- Eggplant (CSA)
- Lettuce (CSA)
- Parsley (CSA)
- Tomatoes (Amy’s Organic Garden)
- Jalapeños (Walnut Hill Farm)
- AnnaB’s Gluten Free multi-grain baguette (new to me!)
- Mother Bars (new to me!)
- Sun-dried Tomato Fettucine (Bombolini Pasta)
- Poblano peppers (Pleitez Produce)
- Blackberries (Walnut Hill Farm)
And now, thanks to a new modem, I am back to my favorite Sunday morning spot, enjoying a cup of homemade coffee on the porch and writing about the things that I love.
Hope you made the most of a beautiful weekend too.
One year ago. . . I let you in on a secret: where to get the best iced coffee in Richmond.