This weekend I got together with some ladies for a DIY-at-home spa night and it was so relaxing and fun! I was asked to bring an appetizer and I knew I wanted to do something fresh and light to fit the theme. The salad I created tasted citrusy and peppery, like the feeling you have after an invigorating facial, and it was filled with superfoods that were good for our bodies. And it was green like our mud masks!
If you’re like me and have a freezer full of pomegranate seeds, or if you just want a light and zesty accompaniment to your meal, try this super easy salad!
- 1 bunch of salad greens (I used Victory Farms salad mix)
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large bowl with salad greens.
- Slice the avocados and spritz with the juice of 1/2 of a lime to preserve color.
- Squeeze the rest of the lime juice into the salad bowl and add olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the avocado slices and pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
- Toss and serve immediately. Serves 4-6.
I beg your pardon, what did you say? Did you say you needed an extra special spa cocktail to wash down your salad? Well I’m glad you asked because I happen to have something that pairs well with the salad and would be perfect for the occasion. Bonus Recipe!
Vegology Citrus Splash
- 2 oz light rum
- 4 oz 100% grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp agave nectar (more or less to taste)
To serve one, combine all ingredients and pour into a tall glass over crushed ice. To serve a small crowd, multiply all quantities by four or six and combine in a glass pitcher.