Guys, these are good. Really good. And too easy. It makes me nervous that these are so easy to make, because I am afraid that homemade ice cream sandwiches are about to become a staple in my freezer.
At just a few bites each, it’s hard to stop at just one. But if you have enough willpower around treats to have just one (I don’t), then they’re the perfect size for a quick dessert (or, you know, breakfast), with enough sinfulness to satisfy your sweet tooth but not so much to make you feel guilty.
It starts with four ingredients and ends in five steps.
1. 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
2. 1 lemon
3. 1cup fresh blueberries
4. 30 ginger thin cookies (better make it 35 in case some break)
We used Soy Dream non-dairy ice cream to make it vegan. You could use real ice cream or frozen yogurt instead.
1. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it sit on the counter until softened.
2. Grate the zest of one lemon. Set the lemon aside and use it for lemonade (cliché) or a salad dressing or something.
3. In a food processor, combine blueberries, lemon, and ice cream. Pulse until the berries and lemon are thoroughly combined.
4. Use a small spoon to put about 2 tablespoons of ice cream mixture on a cookie, then top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Place sandwiches in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet.
5. Freeze sandwiches for 30 minutes or more, then serve!
Makes about 15 sandwiches, depending on how many cookies you break or eat during the process. Way too easy, right? These ingredients taste so good together that it’s tempting to just throw them all in a bowl and eat them with a spoon. Which would be totally fine, but not as dainty.